Writer and retreat leader, Rev Dr Stephanie Dowrick, has been teaching at Mana Retreat Centre for almost 20 years. Her Easter and Spring retreats attract return participants from around the world. While part of the magic of those retreats is, as Stephanie says, “being at Mana and immersing ourselves in its peace and beauty”, we nonetheless believe that we can effectively use technology and the intimacy of deep teachings and trustworthy leadership to allow you to have a genuinely special experience.
REGISTRATIONS OPEN SOON
Retreat Dates 1-4 October 2020
To allow participants greatest ease of access, we will start the Retreat on Thursday evening, 1 October. On Friday and Saturday our retreat experience will deepen with two sessions daily, timed for maximum engagement especially in Australia and New Zealand. On both those days there will be a 2-hour morning session that will include a short period of guided meditation plus a talk from Stephanie Dowrick, a response and personal comments from Rev Hilary Star, plus guidance from Stephanie and Hilary for retreat practices through the day (for those who can commit to that.) In the early evening on those two full days, we will again gather for a 90-minute interactive QandA, followed by meditation. The Retreat will end with a 2-hour morning session on Sunday.
Our Retreat practices and teachings will emphasise the qualities we need to live hopefully at this time of wide uncertainty. When so many freedoms are curtailed, how do we connect meaningfully with others – and ourselves? Where and how do we receive our most sustaining support – and give it? How can we re-think “choice” in a time of restriction? What do we need to learn about listening, acceptance, courage, self-forgiveness? What can we draw from our physical environment? How do we best understand the differences between “isolation” and “solitude”?
Stephanie will particularly draw on two of her books, “Intimacy and Solitude” and “Seeking the Sacred”. Some of the exercises will be from her books, “The Universal Heart”, “Creative Journal Writing” and “Choosing Happiness: Life & Soul Essentials”. All these books are available in print and also e-book editions.
The retreats guided by Stephanie are genuinely inter-spiritual and draw abundantly on the world’s wisdom traditions. Stephanie (and all participants) will also be supported by the wisdom of her dear friend and colleague, Rev Hilary Star from the Auckland Spiritual Community.
Included in this online experience
- SIX 2-hour LIVE Sessions on Zoom, led by Stephanie with responses from Hilary.
- Community Q&A with a chance to email your questions to Stephanie or Hilary during the day.
- Access to break-out discussion rooms for those who want that.
- Clear, careful referencing to where you can follow up on the teachings in Stephanie’s books and those of other writers.
- Administrative and technical support from the on-line team at Mana.
This retreat is ideal if:
- You are eager to participate in a spiritually inclusive retreat
- You have previously attended Stephanie’s retreats at Mana Retreat Centre.
- You want to enrich your inner resources and experience greater steadiness and peace of mind.
- You feel you would benefit from spiritual self-enquiry, positive teachings and deep guided meditation.
- You would like to give and receive community support in a gathering of trust.
Included in your fee:
- Access to all Zoom sessions
- Guidance re the teachings from Stephanie and responses from Hilary
- Access to email for your questions (early evening QandA)
- Optional discussion in break-out rooms
- Guidance to the technical experience from Jade at Mana
What we ask of you:
- That you commit to being present for all the sessions where possible.
- That you spend some part of the day in “retreat mode”.
- That you honour the sacred space of the retreat through deep listening and confidentiality, particularly if in an OPTIONAL “breakout room”.
Not all that tech-savvy? That’s ok. We will walk you through the process of getting set up for our daily LIVE teachings on Zoom, everything you need to know to log on and be an active participant in our gatherings. It is our intention to make these teachings as easy and accessible as possible, wherever you are in the world! We will aim to make the times as “kind” as possible to include people from several time zones.
The Teaching Team
Dr Rev Stephanie Dowrick