I know…it’s different than dancing in person. But it is lovely to connect with our dancing friends, touch spirit together – and especially lovely to meet new dancers from other parts of the globe. Plus we don’t have to travel anywhere or burn any fossil fuels to get there! Hoping to hook up my Maui & Aussie dancing friends with the awesome Kiwi dancers. Opening to new possibilities with a joyful and grateful heart at this unprecedented time.
Saturday Mornings 11am-12:15pm (New Zealand time)
- Saturday Mornings – 9am-10:15pm in Australia
- Friday Afternoons – 1pm-2:15pm on Maui
- Fridays 4pm-5:15pm on West Coast USA
Sliding scale so hopefully everyone can attend!
$15, $12, $10
What do I need to take an online class?
We use a platform called Zoom. You’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- Download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- If you are new to Zoom please do watch this introductory video from Zoom.
- If you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. Not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- If you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- Make some space to dance. If you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. Or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. Minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- Wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
What is embodied dance: deep medicine for changing times about?
- Finding connection in a physically distanced world
- Coming fully alive in present moment awareness
- Practicing groundedness & fluidity as we tango with uncertainty
- Opening to what’s true for each of us with curiosity, courage & compassion
- Listening to the greater current of what’s moving us as a species right now
- Listening for next steps, creative possibilities – how might our lives be different?
What is Open Floor Dance?
Open Floor is a lively meditation practice that builds muscular and emotional intelligence. It is a dance floor discovery zone where we move and include: good days and tough ones, passion, hesitance, joy, sorrow, births, deaths and everything in between. There are no steps to learn and no way to do it wrong.
What will you experience on the Open Floor?
People who dance regularly are healthier, have keener minds and a calmer presence. Self-expression, community, creativity and fun – this is why we dance. Open Floor is an embodied movement practice bringing self awareness, mindfulness, and purpose to life.