Yoga is fundamentally about returning us to our original wholeness. Reflecting this, my aim in teaching Yoga is for our practice together to be a nourishing, self-sustaining, refreshing and inspiring experience. The Yoga I teach has many influences, though my main inspiration is teacher Donna Farhi.
I teach movement principles, (for example, letting the breath move you; finding a balanced relationship to the ground and gravity), which help us to explore our Self through our body.
In my yoga classes the enquiry is to restore balance, stability, ease and sustainability in how we move and live our lives. I love teaching and sharing the beauty of the practice.
“Ultimately, the practice of Yoga leads us to a place where we may respond to life’s challenges with ease in our breath and body, with wise choices, and with kindness and an open heart.”
This class is ideal for:
- Total Beginners wanting to learn great yoga from the ground up.
- Any student of yoga wishing to refresh and revolutionize their foundations of yoga and restorative postures.
- Yoga Teachers and other wellness professionals seeking fresh inspiration and tools to offer their students and clients.
- People interested in learning more about yoga, anatomy, and how to move more efficiently to gain strength, core strength, flexibility, power and stamina–with less strain than most classical styles.
What you will need for this yoga class:
- Yoga mat or large towel (please do not worry if you have no mat – I have practiced for years without one)
- 1-3 firm blankets
- 2 pillows or cushions or Yoga bolsters
Once the class begins please do make sure your Zoom microphone is set to mute – thank you.