Easy to prepare Broccoli Fritters are so delicious made with lots of broccoli and a great way to eat your veggies. They are vegan, gluten-free and keto. They can be served as an appetizer or sandwich.
Are you looking for low-carb options for your meal plan, well look no further!
These broccoli fritters are helpful for those who are trying to eat healthily, they are also perfect for someone on a candida diet. They taste great and hold together well and didn’t fall apart, using chickpea flour and ground flax seeds.
Low-carb broccoli fritters are actually crispy on the outside and soft inside with a lovely earthy flavor spiced with cumin, cilantro and a touch of cayenne pepper. And they are AMAZING with our Tuscan Dip.
- 1 medium head, broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
- Place broccoli florets, onion, cilantro and garlic in batches in a food processor and process until crumbly (looks like rice grains).
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well and squeeze together like you are forming a dough.
- Heat oil on medium in a large skillet. Form into patties about 1/4 cup, place fritters in the skillet, reduce heat to low and cook fritters on each side for about 4 minutes until golden brown.
- These are lightly fried and not deep fried. What I do is cover the skillet after I turn them to make sure the fritters are well cooked in the middle.
- Alternatively, you can bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, turning halfway. Serve with my vegan ranch dressing.
We love this recipe and many more of the recipes on the Healthysteps.com website. So a big thanks to Michelle for this awesome treat and for the broccoli fritters photo featured above.