This recipe for marinated mushrooms is a delicious and very simple way to marinate and eat mushrooms with an Asian twist.
Recipe source: Eat Well Be Well recipe book – (with minor alterations)
2cm piece of fresh ginger
¼ cup Tamari soy sauce
- Using a pastry brush, clean dirt from the mushrooms.
- Keep the mushrooms whole or cut to your desired size. The mushrooms will shrink during the marinating process.
- Grate the ginger and toss through the mushrooms.
- Pour Tamari over the mushrooms, add a small amount of water to lessen the strength of the Tamari if you like, but not too much, as moisture will come out of the mushrooms as well.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for an hour to marinate and serve.